Social Media Internship
You know OXX as the makers of the COFFEEBOXX, the jobsite coffee maker built for beyond rugged use. But there’s a whole side of OXX that anyone rarely gets to see—the group of men and women who make the OXX experience and the COFFEEBOXX possible. Together, they are bringing the world a new way to experience coffee and building a brand that values their customers as much as their cup of Joe.
Founded on a dive-in-and-get-your-hands dirty mentality, OXX celebrates the value of putting in a day of hard work. If you share that same mindset and a passion for what you do, then we should talk.
You are someone who has never met a stranger, thrives on solving problems and have excellent communication and organizational skills. You excel in fast-paced, ever-changing entrepreneurial environments. Your superior organizational skills allow you to stay on top of multiple projects at the same time and the ability to switch direction at the drop of a hat. You are the consummate team player. There is no task or project too big or too small for you – you attack them all with passion, creativity, a positive outlook and serious attention to detail.
About the job
The Social Media Intern is responsible for communicating the OXX story, raising brand awareness, engaging with customers and building the community around the oxx brand.
When: Summer 2016 (Starting in May)
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive social media strategy that defines how social media marketing techniques will be applied to increase visibility and traffic across all company brands and products
- Lead the development of organization-wide social media management standards, policies and rules of engagement for social media
- Define key performance indicators and implement enterprise level measurement, analytics, and reporting methods to gauge success
- Work with all company brands to explore and identify ways to integrate social media into business strategies and marketing campaigns
- Apply marketing research and development methods to learn and understand emerging trends and technologies and to communicate this knowledge clearly and concisely
- Previous experience working in social media on behalf of a consumer brand
- Understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest as a marketing tool
- Experience developing content and blog ideas for a brand/company in the past
- Ability to efficiently execute multiple tasks and work in an entrepreneurial fast paced environmentPriority management – ability to determine daily priorities and focus time/effort accordingly
- Priority management – ability to determine daily priorities and focus time/effort accordingly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – ability to clearly, concisely and intelligently communicate to a variety of potential audiences (existing customers, potential customers, co-workers, vendors, etc.)
- Relationship skills – the ability to connect well over the phone, in person and via email
- High sense of urgency